i don’t know what to tell you
other than the fact that a giraffe’s
heart weighs 22 pounds and that
somebody once told me when
flies fall in love, their entire brain
is rewired to only know loving each
other. when one of them dies, their
memory becomes blank. i hope you
never think about anything as much
as i think about waking up next to
you during a windstorm at 5 am.
15 Ways To Love Your Body
- Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.
- Create a list of everything your body lets you do.
- Remind yourself that your body is not just an ornament, but an instrument.
- Create a list of people you admire- is it because of who they are or their appearance?
- Hold your head high when you walk, show others you have confidence in yourself.
- Don’t let your weight/shape keep you from doing things you love.
- Wear clothes you feel comfortable in and that expresses your personal style.
- Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
- Think about the things you could do and accomplish with the energy you currently put into worrying about your body and appearance.
- Be your body’s friend, not enemy.
- Consider what your body allows you to do every day- even the little things.
- Make a list of ten positive things about yourself, with nothing written about your appearance.
- Have a sign on every mirror saying “I’m beautiful inside and out”.
- Remind yourself that life’s too short to waste hating your body.
- Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people you love.